Scholarships • Tuition • Grant Information
Scholarships are also available through the New Pathways Program.
Visit Germanna.edu/workforce at the Daniel Center in Culpeper or call (540) 937.2915 for more information.
Funding Sources Available through Germanna Community College
Fast Forward Grant
- Students pay the first third
- State pays the remaining two thirds
- Students must be residents of Virginia
- Student must be 18, a US citizen and resident of Virginia
- Income must meet Federal Poverty Levels, and not receive other form of tuition assistance; for FY2022 these guidelines are 400% of the usual poverty levels
- This grant will pay 100% of the student’s cost
Virginia Ready Initiative
- The Virginia Ready Initiative is a public charity focused on retraining Virginians for in demand occupations
- Upon successful completion of a course students will earn $1000
- Must be a Virginia Resident
- Applicants must be unemployed or underemployed due to Covid-19
- Applicants must have received Virginia Unemployment benefits on or after August 1, 2020
- Must be a Virginia resident
- Applicant has a total household income that is less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Must have applied for federal and/or state financial aid programs
Germanna Foundation Scholarships
- Application available April 5, 2021 at germanna.edu
- Created to help cover gaps in aid versus tuition and fee changes
Fast Forward Grant/Workforce Credential Grant Program
is a short-term workforce credential program to train Virginians for top, in-demand jobs across the Commonwealth. Click here for more information.
Fantic Funding: Financial Assistance for Non-Credit Training that leads to an Industry Credential
provides funding for students who meet the eligibility requirements and are not elligible for other financial assistance. For information on applying for Fantic at Germanna click here.
Working with Germanna
“This is an important day for Germanna. We know machining is coming back in our country.”
Germanna Community College President